Tuesday, December 15, 2015

All done!

Last Friday, December 11, I finished the sixth and last cycle of my chemotheraphy. It was a rough one as I've been nauseous the last few days. They say that the side effects are cumulative and gets worse after each session and I think there's truth to that as I ended up in the hospital after my fifth session and now I'm experiencing more nausea than normal (I've actually had to take my second anti-nausea medicine for the first time...never had to use it before this past session). But you know what, some nausea is not going to dampen my spirits because I'm all done!!! No more chemo sessions after this and hopefully for a very very very long time! I'm really relieved that I'm all done with my treatment and aside from a few daily injections of neuprogen to boost my white blood cell count, I won't have to sit in that reclining chemo chair anymore.

It's such a huge relief, but that might be an understatement. It's been a grueling up and down roller coaster journey the last 4.5 months but I am finally near the end of my cancer journey and can finally see everything winding down. Fairly soon, I can get back on track with living a normal life. There are just a few more steps I have to take...the first being getting the nephrostomy tube out of me (which will happen this Friday) and then getting my bone marrow biopsy around the first week of January to confirm that the lymphoma is also gone from there as well. Taking the tube out will be another milestone in and of itself as I've had that thing in since end of July and I am excited about my procedure on Friday. After that, I'll be able to take my first shower in almost five months!

Now that I'm all done with treatment, I'll be celebrating this Christmas and come New Year's Eve, I'll be able to have my first glass of wine. I'm really looking forward to that! My wine fridge is stocked so anyone want to celebrate with me, just drop me a line and come on over!

Thank you everyone for your love and support! I have many more thank yous to write but will save that for another post.


1 comment:

  1. We are so happy you are where you are today. Wishing you health and normalcy for all your days ahead! Big hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete